Day 8 – Friday, April 8th, 2016
Energizing Green Smoothie
Day 9 – Saturday, April 9th, 2016
Creamy Green Apple Smoothie
Day 10 – Sunday, April 10th, 2016
Creamy Orange and Avocado Smoothie
Day 11 – Monday, April 11th, 2016
Kale Pina-Covado Smoothie
Day 12 – Tuesday, April 12th, 2016
Peachy Green Protein Smoothie
Day 13 – Wednesday, April 13th, 2016
Sweet Honeydew Mint Smoothie
Day 14 – Thursday, April 14th, 2016
Parsley Vanilla Pudding
This is more of a yoghurt breakfast than a smoothie.
Each April, I like challenge myself and have a green smoothie every day for 30 days, as a way to do a little spring cleaning for my body. They not only taste delicious but also give me a big boost of energy, much needed after a long winter. I thought this time it might be fun to share and get others involved. So, if you are prepared to take the challenge, here are the rules! <3 AJ/Dream
- You must replace 1 meal with a full 8 oz (or larger) smoothie, each day!
(Typically I replace breakfast with a smoothie or a snack, whatever is easier!)
- If you are still hungry, you may have a small side (such as an egg etc…)
- You can follow the daily recipes I post or be adventurous and make your own!
- If you want to make your own, you’re welcome to use my green smoothie guide
- Please share your creations, photos and encouragements in our FB group!
- Spread the word, have fun, drink up and enjoy!
- If using all fresh fruits/veggies, add a few ice cubes to make it colder!
- Freezing fruits a day or two ahead is a big help!
- Feel free to substitute fruits/veggies you may not like for something you do!
- Always make them thick to start, you can add more liquid base to thin them.
- Most recipes are enough for two smoothies! 1 for a meal/1 snack or 1 to share
- If it doesn’t taste sweet enough, add more fruit or a sweetener from my guide
- Don’t be afraid to try new things, you might discover you like it! 😀
Day 1 – Friday, April 1st, 2016
Everyone’s Favorite Green Smoothie
Day 2 – Saturday, April 2nd, 2016
Day 3 – Sunday, April 3rd, 2016
My Favorite Green Smoothie
Day 4 – Monday, April 4th, 2016
Nut Butter Banana Smoothie
Day 5 – Tuesday, April 5th, 2016
(Today is my birthday, so let’s celebrate with something sweet and have a treat!)
Day 6 – Wednesday, April 6th, 2016
Day 7 – Thursday, April 7th, 2016
Happy Green Monster Smoothie
Get creative and make a smoothie that you can call your own! Follow these simple steps to build a nutritious and delicious smoothie, that will work every time!
Pick 1 Liquid Base: (2 Cups)
- Almond Milk
- Cashew Milk
- Coconut Milk
- Coconut Water
- Flax Milk
- Green Tea
- Hemp Milk
Pick 1-3 Greens: (2 Cups *Packed*)
- Baby Spinach
- Broccoli Leaves
- Collard Greens
- Curly Kale
- Dandelion Greens
- Swiss Chard
Pick 1-3 Fruit: (1-2 Cups Total)
Pick 1 – Fat: (1-2 tbsp Total)
- Avocado (use 1 half)
- Almond Butter
- Coconut Oil
- Flax Oil
STEP FIVE (Optional)
Pick 1 – Superfood:
- Bee Pollen 1-2 tsp
- Chia Seeds 1-2 tbsp
- Flax Seeds 1-2 tbsp
- Goji Berries 1-2 tbsp
- Hemp Seeds 1-2 tsp
- Maca Powder 1-2 tsp
- Raw Cacao Powder 1-2 tbsp
Pick 1 – Supplement or Spice:
- Acai Powder 1 tsp
- Cinnamon 1-2 tsp
- Ginger 1 tsp
- Nutmeg 1 tsp
- Protein Powder 1-2 tbsp
Pick 1 – Sweetener:
- Coconut Sugar
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Vanilla Extract
- 2-3 cups of pre-cooked shredded turkey or chicken
- 6 cups of chopped romaine
- 2 apples, chopped small
- 1/4 cup of blueberries
- 1/2 cup of slivered almonds
- 8 strips of bacon – cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Mix maple vinaigrette ingredients together, adding oil last
- Whisk until thoroughly blended
- Combine salad ingredients and toss with vinaigrette
- Divide among four bowls and serve
- 1/2 cup oil – Such as avocado, walnut, or olive oil
- 1/3 cup plus a tablespoon more of fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 1 red chili pepper – such as jalapeno, chopped small
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk above ingredients together. I usually make a little extra dressing to mix in with the shredded chicken before I make the salad. I gives it great flavor.
- 1/4 head shredded green cabbage
- 1/4 head shredded red cabbage
- 1 small head of romaine – about 2 cups
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro – leaves only (Optional)
- 2 carrots – grated
- 1 or 2 tomatoes – chopped
- 2 avocados – chopped
- 2-3 cups of shredded chicken
- Toss all salad ingredients in a bowl with chicken
- Add dressing as desired
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- ½ cup blackberries
- 1 nectarine or peach – cut into pieces
- 1 avocado
- 4-6 slices cooked bacon
- 2 chicken breasts (depending on how much you like in your salad)
- 4 cups salad mixed greens – whatever kind you like.
- ¾ or 1 cup strawberries
- 1 tbs coconut vinegar (you can use apple cider if you don't have coconut vinegar)
- 1 tbs raw honey
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Honey Mustard Sauce
- 5 tbs raw honey or pure maple syrup
- 2 tbs organic Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- Combine berries, coconut vinegar, raw honey and salt and pepper in a blender. Next slowly add olive oil on a lower speed
- Stop and taste the mixture – you may want to add more honey or vinegar depending on your own personal taste
- Store in refrigerator until you're ready to serve your salad
- Grill your chicken and brush on the Honey Mustard Sauce.
- Cook your bacon and crumble into bacon bits.
- Get your salad together with the greens, chicken, strawberries, blackberries and nectarine/peach.
- Top with avocado, bacon and the yummy strawberry vinaigrette!
- Dig in and enjoy!
- 1lb Ground Beef
- 1 fresh pineapple, cored and sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Lettuce for bun (Optional)
- For the cream
- 2 avocados
- juice of 1 lime
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (your favorite will do)
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- pinch of salt
- Now you should first slice your pineapple.
- Use a big knife to cut off both ends of the pineapple, then stand the pineapple up and slice the sides off. Then cut the pineapple in hamburger slices. And finish the pineapple slices off by using a smaller knife to cut out the middle and press it out. Like a donut hole.
- Then slice your onions.
- Place meat in a bowl, add seasonings and mix thoroughly. Like hard core. Get in there.
- Make 4 burger patties and flatten them out a bit.
- Place onions, burgers, and pineapple on the grill at the same time. Try not to place pineapple over direct flame because it can burn pretty easily, being sugar and all.
- Flip when grill marks become present, after about 5 minutes and cook about the same amount of time on the other side of until burgers are cooked to preference and pineapple is a bit charred and soft.
- While the ingredients are on the grill, make your avocado cream!
- Cut avocados in half, remove the seed, then scoop out the insides and place in your food processor.
- Turn food processor on and let the avocado begin to break down. After about a minute, while your food processor is still running, add the rest of the ingredients for the avocado cream and keep pureeing until smooth: about 1-2 minutes.
- Place a burger down, top it with pineapple, then a grilled onion, and then a dollop of avocado cream on top! You can use lettuce as a bun if desired.
- 1 teaspoon of healthy oil such as (grape seed oil, walnut oil, extra virgin olive oil)
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skinless
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Juice from 1 naval orange, about ½ cup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoons coconut aminos
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 -1 "piece of ginger, grated on a micro plane or very finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves, grated on a micro plane or very finely minced
- 1 teaspoon tapioca starch or similar substitute
- A pinch of turmeric, for color
- Toasted sesame seeds, cilantro and orange wedges, to serve
- 1 teaspoon of paleo friendly oil such as (grape seed oil, walnut oil, extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, grated (a food processor makes quick work of this!)
- 1 garlic clove, very finely minced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Sprinkle the chicken thighs with the sea salt and pepper and add them to the pan. Sear the chicken thighs for 3-5 minutes on each side, or until both sides are well browned. Remove the pan from the heat.
- While the chicken is searing prepare the orange glaze. In a medium sized bowl whisk together the orange juice, honey, sesame oil, soy sauce, chili flakes, ginger, garlic, tapioca starch and optional turmeric.
- Pour the sauce over the seared chicken and bring it to a boil. Lower the heat so that the chicken is barely simmering, cover the pan and let it cook for 10 minutes. Flip the chicken over and cook for another 10 minutes. Flipping the chicken over isn't necessary for cooking it, but it does help the color develop on both sides so it looks even better.
- While the chicken is cooking prepare the rice. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the grated cauliflower and cook for 5 minutes, or until the cauliflower no longer tastes raw. Add the garlic and sea salt and toss well.
- If the cauliflower is ready before the chicken simply remove the pan from the heat and keep it covered until the chicken is done.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1½ inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons of your favorite BBQ sauce, or homemade BBQ sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Sea salt
- 4 cups spinach leaves
- A few handfuls of cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup mint leaves, lightly packed
- ¼ cup basil leaves, lightly packed
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese (optional)
- Sliced radishes, raspberries and edible flowers, for garnish (optional)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen and thawed raspberries
- ⅓ cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, packed (if you have a high-powered blender you can leave the stems on)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon neutral flavored oil (such as extra virgin olive oil etc)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat your BBQ to medium high. Oil the grate well.
- Toss the chicken chunks with 2 tablespoons of the BBQ sauce and honey and pop them on the BBQ. Grill them until dark grill marks appear and no pink remains in the middle, about 10 minutes, turning a few times. Brush them with the remaining 2 tablespoons of BBQ sauce and sprinkle them with some sea salt.
- While the chicken is cooking prepare the salad dressing. Put all the salad dressing ingredients in a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Fill 2 bowls (or a small platter) with spinach leaves. Top with the BBQ chicken, tomatoes, mint and basil leaves, slivered almonds, goat cheese and garnishes. Drizzle with the dressing and serve immediately.
- The dressing and BBQ chicken can be made up to 2 days in advance.
- 1 13.5oz can of coconut milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 banana, sliced
- 4-5 dates
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- banana slices and toasted walnuts for serving
- Pour the coconut milk into a saucepan and heat over medium heat. Place the egg yolks in a bowl. When the coconut milk starts to scald, slowly pour about 1 cup of the hot milk into the egg yolks while mixing vigorously with a whisk. Add the egg/milk mixture back to the pan and heat over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. The mixture should thicken slightly, do not boil.
- Pour the hot liquid into a blender and add the banana, dates, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Blend on high speed to combine for 2-3 minutes, until very smooth. Add the chia seeds and pulse to evenly combine. Pour the mixture into 4 small jars or bowls.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve topped with banana slices and toasted walnuts. Enjoy!