- 1 tablespoon ghee or grass fed butter
- 3 apples, peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons raw honey, agave or stevia
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (optional)
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add apples to pan; cook 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add 1/2 cup water, sweetener, juice,1/8 teaspoon salt and cinnamon (if desired) to pan.
- Cover and cook 25 minutes or until apples are tender, stir occasionally.
- Mash gently with the back of a spoon. Enjoy!
Hearth and Honey http://hearthandhoney.com/