- 1 large boneless, skinless organic chicken breast (cut in half as directed below)
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 14-oz can of artichoke hearts (drained, cut into halves & patted dry)
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes in oil (drained and thinly sliced)
- 3-4 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup fresh organic basil (cut in strips)
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- Carefully cut the chicken breast in half horizontally to create two thin breasts. Season both sides with a dash of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Preheat large skillet over medium-high heat. Once skillet is hot, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and chicken breasts. Cook chicken about 3-4 minutes before turning, until bottom is lightly golden brown. Then, turn chicken and cook on the other side until golden (about 2 minutes). Transfer to a plate and cover.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet, along artichoke hearts and red onion. Cook about 1-2 minutes until golden brown. Then, continue cooking another 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion begins to soften. Add the sundried tomatoes, sliced garlic and oregano, along with a dash of sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Continue to sauté about 1-2 minutes until garlic softens.
- Next. add the chicken stock, basil and olives. Return chicken breasts to the mixture, cover and allow to simmer about 3 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Divide chicken and veggies onto two plates and top with a sprinkling of feta cheese if desired.
Hearth and Honey http://hearthandhoney.com/