- 8 eggs
- 3 sweet mini peppers or 1 red/orange bell peppers
- ½ lb bacon, chopped
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2-3/4 cup cheese (optional)
- salt/pepper to taste
- pinch red pepper flakes
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add chopped bacon and peppers to pan, and allow to cook for a few minutes.
- Add in garlic, then continue to cook until bacon is browned.
- While the bacon is cooking, whisk together eggs, ½ of the cheese, and salt & pepper.
- Reduce heat in skillet to low, flatten the cooked bacon and peppers on the bottom of the pan, and then pour in eggs.
- Note: DO NOT STIR!
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and red pepper flakes, and let cook for a few minutes on stove until beginning to set.
- Place in oven and cook another 10-15 minutes, until completely set.
- Remove from oven and let sit for about 5 minutes before serving.
Hearth and Honey http://hearthandhoney.com/