- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste (optional)
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) package shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package sliced pepperoni or turkey pepperoni
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1/4 small onion, diced
- black olives (optional)
- Mix together salt, caraway seeds, oregano, garlic salt, ground black pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
- Mix ground beef and eggs in a mixing bowl until thoroughly incorporated. Add Parmesan cheese and seasoning mixture to beef; combine. Press ground beef mixture into a 12x17-inch pan, spread out evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until meat is no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Drain grease.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and turn on the oven's broiler.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese over baked meat, followed by tomato sauce in an even layer. Sprinkle another 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese over the sauce and top with slices of pepperoni. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over pizza.
- Top with green pepper, onion, and olives*.
- Broil until cheese is melted, bubbling, and lightly browned, 5 or so minutes.
Hearth and Honey http://hearthandhoney.com/