- 3 large apples (with seeds and stems removed)
- 3 cups of spinach, loosely packed (about 1 bunch)
- ½ cup organic apple juice
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (please use an organic lemon for this since you are scraping the peel and non-organic fruits are coated with pesticides and wax.)
- Chop the apples into pieces and place them into the blender. Place the greens on top of the apples. Add in remaining ingredients. Blend thoroughly! This smoothie might be thick, if needed you can add extra water.
Hearth and Honey http://hearthandhoney.com/