- 1/2 bunch kale leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt or pink Himalayan sea salt
Other Optional Seasonings
- 1.5 tablespoons nutritional yeast seasoning or flakes (Not baking yeast!) Adds a cheesy taste!
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 300F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove leaves from the stems of the kale and roughly tear it up into large pieces.
- Wash and let the leaves dry completely, pat dry with paper towels if needed.
- Add kale leaves into a large bowl. Massage in the oil until all the nooks and crannies are coated in oil. Now sprinkle on the spices/seasonings and toss to combine.
- Spread out the kale onto the prepared baking sheet into a single layer, being sure not to overcrowd the kale.
- Bake for 10 minutes, rotate the pan, and bake for another 12-15 minutes more until the kale begins to firm up. The kale will look shrunken, but this is normal. Only bake for 20-25 mins total.
- Cool the kale on the sheet for 3 minutes before digging in! This really makes all the difference! Enjoy immediately as they lose their crispness with time.
- Repeat this process for the other half of the bunch and store in airtight container.
Hearth and Honey http://hearthandhoney.com/