BBQ Chicken Pizza
BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Vegan Mozzarella Cheese (If you can’t find this, then follow the instructions below and make it yourself!)
- 3 cups of your favorite Tomato Pizza Sauce
- 3 cups almond meal or flour
- 1 1/4 cups arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed in a garlic press, or diced
- 4 large eggs
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons herbs such as basil or rosemary, crushed (optional)
- 1 pounds boneless chicken, sliced in strips 1/3-inch thick by 1-inch long.
- 4 teaspoon raw honey
- 1/4 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- ½ pound mushrooms, thinly sliced.
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 handful fresh basil, or 2 tablespoons if dried
- 1 teaspoon oregano fresh, chopped (optional)
- Vegan Mozzarella Cheese Ingredients: (Ignore if you buy pre made vegan moz cheese)
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, thick (or 1/4 cup if thin.)
- 1 cup coconut butter, softened (put the jar in a bowl of warm water)
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon unprocessed salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Vitamin-C crystals, optional, for a sharper cheese flavor.
- 1 clove fresh crushed garlic, optional.
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- A few tablespoons of olive oil if needed for blending
- Vegan Mozzarella Cheese Instructions: (Ignore if you buy pre made vegan moz cheese)
- In any style blender, add lemon juice, coconut milk, coconut butter, nutritional yeast, salt, Vitamin C crystals, and optional garlic. Blend well.
- Add melted coconut oil last and blend briefly until smooth.
- Pour into a freezer-safe container and freeze. If you use a flat sandwich size container, it will freeze in 1 hour. Remove from freezer and allow to warm for 2-5 minutes. Then slice into 1/8-inch slices and put on a plate in a cool place so it doesn't melt.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add almond meal, arrowroot, baking soda, salt and garlic. Mix well. Add eggs, olive oil, and optional herbs. Mix well until a coherent dough forms, form it into a ball, and press it flat on a 16" Pizza pan or the equivalent tray. Press dough to create a rim at the edges. Bake the crust for 20 minutes.
Prepare the BBQ chicken
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1/2 cup your favorite Pizza sauce and the chicken. Add 4 tablespoons honey and maple flavoring. Mix together and saute very briefly 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Do not overcook or it may dry out in baking.
Prepare Other Toppings
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil and crushed garlic. Heat until slightly sizzling. Add mushrooms, a pinch of salt, saute briefly 2 minutes stirring occasionally, and set aside. Slice the cheese and onions. Chop the herbs, if using.
Assemble and Bake
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread Tomato Sauce evenly to the edges of the baked crust. Add sliced Vegan Mozzarella cheese. Distribute the BBQ chicken, mushrooms, onion, and optional herbs evenly on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes about 4 to 5 inches from the top of the oven. Remove from the oven and serve!
Hearth and Honey http://hearthandhoney.com/