- 1 head cauliflower
- 2-3 parsnips, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 4-5 tablespoons ghee
- coarse ground sea salt and ground pepper (to taste)
- minced garlic or garlic powder to taste, (optional)
- Remove the florets from each head of cauliflower and discard the stem and leaves. Rinse and transfer to a large stock pot along with the parsnips. Add water until just covering the vegetables. Place the pot over medium-high heat, bring to a boil and simmer until vegetables are tender and a knife punctures the vegetables easily. (This can also be done in shifts if your pan is not large enough.)
- Drain the liquid in the sink, being careful not to burn yourself on the steam and return the vegetables in the pan to the stovetop.
- Add the butter to the vegetables and cover. Let sit 1-2 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, mash the cauliflower and parsnips until your desired consistency.
- Season with sea salt, ground pepper and garlic to taste and serve.
Hearth and Honey http://hearthandhoney.com/