- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup tomatoes, cherry or grape, halved
- 4 large eggs
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons almonds, slivered
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until fully cooked. Remove 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings and set aside.
- Add baby spinach and tomatoes to the bacon and remaining drippings, and toss until spinach is wilted and tomatoes are warmed (a few minutes). Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan over medium heat. Add reserved bacon drippings when pan is hot. Fry eggs in bacon drippings. Or poach your eggs if you prefer!
- To serve, place the eggs on top of the bacon, spinach and tomatoes, and top with avocado and slivered almonds. Season with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt, if desired.
Hearth and Honey http://hearthandhoney.com/