Beef Pot Roast (Slow Cooker Meal)
Beef Pot Roast
- 2 tablespoons beef tallow or coconut oil
- 1 pound beef - pot roast, rump roast, or chuck shoulder
- 2 medium onions, yellow, sliced
- 3 medium carrots, quartered
- 2 medium celery stalks
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups water
- 2 red potatoes, quartered (Optional)
- Mix freshly ground black pepper, thyme, oregano and sea salt (optional) together in a small bowl.
- Rub mixture into meat on all sides of roast.
- Heat a medium skillet (if cooking in a crock pot) or heavy bottomed oven-proof pan (if cooking in the oven) over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons tallow when hot.
- Immediately sear all sides of the roast and set aside.
- Wash and prepare vegetables.
- Put roast in crock pot, add vegetables, garlic, bay leaf and water, and cook on high until tender (6-7 hours).
Hearth and Honey http://hearthandhoney.com/