Each April, I like challenge myself and have a green smoothie every day for 30 days, as a way to do a little spring cleaning for my body. They not only taste delicious but also give me a big boost of energy, much needed after a long winter. I thought this time it might be fun to share and get others involved. So, if you are prepared to take the challenge, here are the rules! <3 AJ/Dream
- You must replace 1 meal with a full 8 oz (or larger) smoothie, each day!
(Typically I replace breakfast with a smoothie or a snack, whatever is easier!)
- If you are still hungry, you may have a small side (such as an egg etc…)
- You can follow the daily recipes I post or be adventurous and make your own!
- If you want to make your own, you’re welcome to use my green smoothie guide
- Please share your creations, photos and encouragements in our FB group!
- Spread the word, have fun, drink up and enjoy!
- If using all fresh fruits/veggies, add a few ice cubes to make it colder!
- Freezing fruits a day or two ahead is a big help!
- Feel free to substitute fruits/veggies you may not like for something you do!
- Always make them thick to start, you can add more liquid base to thin them.
- Most recipes are enough for two smoothies! 1 for a meal/1 snack or 1 to share
- If it doesn’t taste sweet enough, add more fruit or a sweetener from my guide
- Don’t be afraid to try new things, you might discover you like it! 😀
Day 1 – Friday, April 1st, 2016
Everyone’s Favorite Green Smoothie
Day 2 – Saturday, April 2nd, 2016
Day 3 – Sunday, April 3rd, 2016
My Favorite Green Smoothie
Day 4 – Monday, April 4th, 2016
Nut Butter Banana Smoothie
Day 5 – Tuesday, April 5th, 2016
(Today is my birthday, so let’s celebrate with something sweet and have a treat!)
Day 6 – Wednesday, April 6th, 2016
Day 7 – Thursday, April 7th, 2016
Happy Green Monster Smoothie